This week our baby girl is making her presence known most of the time… by kicking mommy! I’ve felt the first kick on Sep 17 but being my gassy pregnant self, I couldn’t figure out if it was or baby or… well gas.🙂
But this week, our little pangga has become more and more active, especially when I am still, sitting, or worse, when I’m sleeping! It’s definitely a weird feeling, but I love every move she makes (yes even if she wakes me up or if I’m fidgeting during a meeting). I’m doubly happy that her daddy have also felt her move for the first time 2 days ago! WE JUST CAN’T WAIT TO MEET HER! Agh…🙂
I’ve been hoping to jot down my thoughts as I go on this baby making journey… so to wrap up this week:
- My belly is really beginning to show (well probably for a few weeks now but I’m just in denial, haha)… so I’ve resigned myself to adjusting my wardrobe and choose baby bump friendly clothes. My fave ones are leggings, I have a pair of nice maternity jeans (the ones with an elastic belly band that reaches below your boobs), but leggings are just more comfy. I look like Winnie the Pooh in all my usual shirts because they’re too short now, so off I went shopping for a cheap (coz I know I won’t be wearing it after baby’s out) long-ish shirt. The only thing suitable I found was a shirt that says Yummy Mummy…😛
- I can’t stand being on my feet for long walks or shopping trips. I’m just pooped, man. My tummy and my lower back begins to hurt, I always have to pee, and of course, Mama’s gotta eat. I just don’t have the stamina for it and gosh I’m only on my almost-6th month! I wonder what it’s going to be like during months 8 and 9.
- The Belly Belt – I had high hopes for my belly belt. Basically what it is is that it allows you to use your old pants and shorts by using an extender. So far I’m only on the second shortest extension, but one thing I noticed is that there’s an obvious bump underneath my shirt caused by the zipper not zipping up completely. My tummy also tends to peep out under shirts hence entry #1. I was able to use my skinny jeans again though, and my denim shorts! Just really need those long shirts.
- Baby brain – had several “duh” moments this week. First, I left my wallet at work. Second, I accidentally threw away our beeeyutiful vegetable peeler (which I tried looking for a replacement today but it doesnt look like they sell it anymore, makes me wish I didn’t throw it out with all the carrot peels). Third, my disastrous attempt at leche flan (well it’s still cooking but I have a bad feeling about it). Between the caramel and number of eggs to the type of milk (evap, fresh milk), to almost burning myself forcing the pan to fit in the pot. *sigh*
- Disposables or Reusables? Been researching the heck out of the internet trying to figure out if it’s best for us to go down the re-usables path. Obviously it’s going to be so much better for the environment but just wondering if baby’s going to be OK with reusable diapers, if we’re going to have issues with leaks, and how well are we going to take poop cleaning and constant washing and stuff…. Hmnn… decisions decisions…
Anyhoo, looking forward to the immediate future, especially since my birthday is coming up!!!🙂